The web is a huge place and you can find literally thousands of different types of websites. You may be wondering what the difference is between these different websites, and why there are so many different types. Well, that’s what this article is about. We’re going to discuss all of the different types of websites and how they work.
A website is a collection of pages that are hosted by a server. Each page has its own unique address (URL). The pages are made up of HTML code, which is the language that web developers use to create and display web pages. There are also a few other types of code that web developers use, but we’ll stick with HTML for now.
So, how do you make a website? It starts with a blank piece of paper. You then draw a rectangle on the paper that will contain your website. Inside the rectangle, you draw a bunch of lines that will represent the different pages in your website. Then, you write the HTML code for each page on the lines.
Now, let’s take a look at some common types of websites.
1. Blogging – A blog is a website that displays information in a linear fashion. This means that you can read the posts from the beginning to the end. Blogs are usually created by people who have something interesting to say.
2. News Website – A news website is similar to a blog, except that it only contains news stories instead of user generated content. News websites are usually used to share breaking news.
3. Ecommerce Website – An ecommerce website is a website that allows customers to purchase products online. These websites usually have a shopping cart where customers can add items to their shopping cart and then checkout.
4. Website Directory – A website directory is a website that lists other websites. These websites are usually categorized into different categories, such as games, movies, music, etc.
5. Search Engine Optimized Website – A search engine optimized website is a website that is designed to rank well in search engines like Google and Yahoo. This type of website has been proven to get more traffic than normal websites.
6. Social Networking Website – A social networking website is a website that is specifically designed to allow users to connect with other users. These websites are usually used for communication purposes, such as posting pictures, commenting on blogs, and chatting with friends.
7. Website Template – A website template is a pre-made website that you can use to build your own website. Some of these templates are free while others require a fee.
8. Advertising Website – An advertising website is a website that contains advertisements. These websites usually have a pay per click or pay per impression model.
9. Web Portal – A web portal is a website that is used to manage other websites. These websites usually allow users to control multiple websites.
10. Personal Website – A personal website is a website that is owned by one person. These websites are usually used to display information about the owner.